What is a Power Engineer?
A Power Engineer is a person who is certified to operate equipment and processes that are regulated by BC’s boiler and pressure vessel regulation.
Safety Awareness and Operator certificates:
- Ice Facility Operator
- Refrigeration Operator
- Refrigeration Safety Awareness
- Antique Show Boiler Operator
- Oil Well Boiler Operator
- Boiler Safety Awareness
How to apply
To successfully apply to become a Power Engineer, you must:
- Meet the minimum requirements of your chosen class
- Complete the required qualifying time or work experience for your chosen class
- Apply and pass an evaluation
- Apply and pass the required number of certification exams
Transfer to BC
If you have qualifications and experience from outside BC or from a different country, you still need to get certified in order to work in BC as a Power Engineer. See Transfer to BC for more details.