Boiler Safety Awareness
The Boiler Safety Awareness certificate allows you to monitor a boiler in any of the following plants:
- Power plant that does not exceed 30 m2 of the boiler’s capacity
- Steam heating plant that does not exceed 200 m2 of the boiler’s capacity
- Fluid heating plant or low pressure thermal fluid plant that does not exceed 500 m2 of the boiler’s capacity
- A low temperature low pressure fluid plant that does not exceed 2,000 m2 of the boiler’s capacity
- An unfired plant that does not exceed 1,000 m2 of the boiler’s capacity
You may also shut down the plant or initiate safety procedures when specifically trained and assigned to perform such tasks.
To obtain this certificate, you will need to meet the following eligibility requirements. You will also need to pass an evaluation and a certification exam.
In order to apply for your Boiler Safety Awareness certificate, you must:
- Complete a basic boiler plant safety program or other approved technical course
- Provide proof that you have been instructed in safety procedures for the plant that you wish to work in
Refer to Safety Regulation for more information.
Apply for an evaluation
Apply for an exam
About this exam
This exam is 2.5 hours long, and you must achieve a minimum grade of 65% to pass.