First you need to complete your technical education. Read about BC Master Electrician designation. Candidates with Canadian qualifications from outside BC or from a different country must meet the BC requirements for each certificate of qualification. Alberta Master Electrician can refer to certification details here.
- Submit the completed application form along with proof that you meet the minimum requirements for the class of exam you're interested in. Details of minimum requirements are available in every certificate of qualification page. Notarized clear photocopies of proof of qualification are also acceptable.
- Make payment and get information on exam dates and location. Only applicants who have submitted complete documentation and are eligible for the exam, will receive a call for this step. This can take up to five business days after receipt of the completed application form.
- Receive your exam confirmation letter by email or mail (depending on your preference indicated).
- Sit for your exam (remember to bring government issued photo identification when you write your exam).
- Receive your exam results (by mail or email depending on the preference indicated).
- Receive certification letter and wallet card on passing exam.
- You are now certified and ready to be named on a permit.