A Gas Appliance Service Technician certificate of qualification entitles the holder to perform the servicing and repair of the following gas systems:
- gas appliances installed for residential use, or
- light commercial appliances up to an input of 82 kW.
To Book an Exam
- Complete the following application form online.
- clear copies of your prerequisites, along with the appropriate documentation, when prompted.
- scanned original copies of prerequisite documentation. Notarized copies will also be accepted.
- Make payment when you receive a call from a client service representative.
Note: Only applicants who have submitted complete documentation and have passed the review are eligible for the exam. Candidates found ineligible will receive a letter notifying them of any missing requirements from Technical Safety BC.
- Exam request dates can be made during fee payment. Based on availability, exam dates can be scheduled 15-business days from the time of payment.
This is a three-hour exam and candidates must achieve a grade of 70% or above to qualify.
Certificates of Qualification must be renewed every three years. If you have received your renewal notice and would like to apply and pay for an updated certificate, please call 1 866 566 7233 or visit the nearest Technical Safety BC office.
An applicant for a gas appliance service certificate of qualification must have successfully completed a course in gas appliance service training acceptable to a provincial safety manager.