An RV (Recreational Vehicle) Installation and Service certificate of qualification entitles the holder to maintain, alter, repair and install vehicle gas systems in recreational vehicles, other than the vehicle’s fuel system, under an appropriate permit.
To Book an Exam
- Complete the following application form online.
- clear copies of your prerequisites, along with the appropriate documentation, when prompted.
- scanned original copies of prerequisite documentation. Notarized copies will also be accepted.
- Make payment when you receive a call from a client service representative.
Note: Only applicants who have submitted complete documentation and have passed the review are eligible for the exam. Candidates found ineligible will receive a letter notifying them of any missing requirements from Technical Safety BC.
- Exam request dates can be made during fee payment. Based on availability, exam dates can be scheduled 15-business days from the time of payment.
Note: Candidates with Recreational Vehicle Trade Qualification (Red Seal) will get their certification once their application has been evaluated and approved, and fees have been paid.
This is a 2.5-hour exam and candidates must achieve grades of 70% or above to qualify.
Certificates of Qualification must be renewed every three years. If you have received your renewal notice and would like to apply and pay for an updated certificate, please call 1 866 566 7233 or visit the nearest Technical Safety BC office.
Candidates with Recreational Vehicle Trade Qualification (Red Seal) qualification need not write an exam to get certified.
All other applicants must:
- be registered as a trainee (apprentice) in an RV service technician apprenticeship program; and
- provide an Official Program Transcript, which must show levels 1 and 2 of training achieved and a minimum of the first 2-years of workplace hours achieved.
Refer to Gas Safety Regulation for more information.