As part of Technical Safety BC's commitment to share safety information with clients and the public, we share our incident investigation summaries. The investigations are documented in our enhanced incident investigation report format and organized by technology.
Technical Safety BC investigates when:
- regulated work or regulated equipment is involved
- evidence is available to help determine causes and contributing factors
- a learning opportunity exists to understand and document what caused the incident and to inform prevention of similar incidents
Technical Safety BC does not investigate when:
- regulated work or regulated equipment is not involved
- there is no evidence of regulated equipment being involved, or it has been ruled out.
- it does not meet the definition of an incident
- evidence of cause or contributing factors is poor or non-existent