RV Installation and Service

Gas Certification

There are SkilledTradesBC updates for gas certification.  


A Recreational Vehicle (RV) Installation and Service Certificate of Qualification allows you to maintain, alter, repair, and install vehicle gas systems in recreational vehicles—excluding the vehicle’s fuel system—under an operating permit.

To obtain this certificate, you will need to meet certain eligibility requirements. If you do not have a Recreation Trade Vehicle Qualification (Red Seal), you must also pass the Technical Safety BC RV Installation and Service exam.

To be eligible for this certificate, you must:

  • Complete a course in RV appliance installation and servicing recognized by a provincial safety manager
  • Provide documented evidence such as a letter from an employer demonstrating a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the installation or repair of RV appliances and piping, acceptable to the provincial safety manager

Note that if you have a Recreational Vehicle Trade Qualification (Red Seal), you do not need to take Technical Safety BC’s exam in order to apply for your RV Installation and Service certificate.

Refer to Gas Safety Regulation for more information.

This exam is 3 hours long, and you must achieve a minimum grade of 70% to pass. Exam details, including areas of study, can be viewed in the exam syllabus.

For more information on our gas certificate exams, including how to book one, visit the exams page.

Related information