Annual Report 2017 - The Strategic Advisory Committee
The Strategic Advisory Committee assists the Board in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities by reviewing management’s recommendations, and providing advice and assistance to the Board in the areas of strategic planning, implementation of key strategic initiatives, regulatory responsibilities, stakeholder consultation, and safety oversight.
Over the past year, the Strategic Advisory Committee, in accordance with its mandate, accomplished the following:
- guided the annual strategic planning process;
- reviewed and approved of the 2016 State of Safety Report;
- reviewed corporate IT strategy, architecture, and roadmap development and progress;
- reviewed and recommended Board approval of Data Sharing Principles;
- reviewed the Resource Allocation Program (RAP) expansion and enhancement;
- received reports on technical risk registries and operational activities including education and enforcement;
- reviewed Compliance and Enforcement program development and unpermitted work capture progress;
- reviewed the development and progress of the Field Safety Representative (FSR) program enhancements;
- reviewed regulatory change plans and recommendations for amendment of legislation to the Province of British Columbia to update reference standards, improve the safety system, and evolve the governing legislation and regulations in accordance Technical Safety BC’s 10-Year Strategy; and
- engaged with Technical Advisory Committee members.