View more info for:

International Certification Assessments

To apply for credit for your certifications or experience gained outside of Canada, you must submit the following supporting documentation:

  1. A letter or email indicating your request. Please include your first, middle and last name, date of birth, current address, phone number, email, and mobile number, if applicable.
  2. Detailed documentation providing proof of work experience and/or certification, including letters from current or previous employer(s) on company letterhead signed by an officer of the company verifying the nature of the work experience.

Once these documents are received, you can expect a written response from Technical Safety BC within 20 business days on the status of your certification.


Detailed documentation must include but is not limited to the following:

  • Specific time periods where experience has been gained (i.e., Sept 1999 to January 2003).
  • Specific types of appliances and nature of work performed (i.e., furnaces/water heaters/boilers,Industrial Process Equipment, service/installation). Describe Btuh input of equipment and a minimum of six addresses of locations where work was completed.
  • Reference letters from the individual(s) for whom you were working under the direct supervision  on company letterhead. Including names and certificate numbers.

If verification of work experience cannot be obtained from your employer(s), a Notarized Statutory Declaration (by a Notary Public or Commissioner for Taking Oaths) must be submitted. This declaration must include the above information.

  • Confirmation of out of country certification as appropriate.
  • Course outlines
  • Appropriate legislation as it pertains to the scope of your authorization from the jurisdiction you hold an authorization.

In some cases the original documents may be requested and must be supplied for review prior to final review approval