What is Property Due Diligence Search?
This type of search involves obtaining information about a property's performance history of regulated permitted work and outstanding fees, with the current owner's authorization. A property due diligence search is typically submitted by a potential purchaser of a property through a legal representative or firm, and/or from the selling real estate agent.
Submit your application by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ʻProperty Due Diligence Search – Site Address – Company nameʼ.
Your Property Due Diligence Search request must include:
- A formal request letter with the following information:
- Site address
- PID (Parcel Identifier, a nine-digit number that uniquely identifies a parcel in the land title register in BC)
- Technologies (Identify all that apply from the list of regulated technologies below):
- Electrical equipment and systems
- Boilers and pressure vessels
- Refrigeration systems
- Natural gas and propane appliances and systems, including hydrogen
- Elevating devices, such as elevators and escalators
- Passenger ropeways, such as aerial trams and ski lifts
- Amusement devices
- Your contact details
- Authorization form signed by the property owner
- Required fee payment
We charge one hour administration fees per technology per site (per PID), plus 5% GST for each property due diligence search. Please consult our fee schedule to view our hourly administration fees.
For example, the 2019 hourly administration rate is $67, so a one-hour invoice for property due diligence search for one site (PID) for 4 technologies (Gas, Elevating Devices, Electrical, and Boiler & Pressure Vessels) would be $268 ($67 multiplied by 4). $268 plus 5% GST ($13.40) results in a total invoice of $281.40.
After you apply
We process due diligence applications in the order we receive them. We will reach out to you if we need more information about your submission. It takes 2-5 business days to process your application. Please do not submit multiple requests for property due diligence search for the same site.
Questions about a submitted application? Please call us at 1-866-566-7233 and provide your support ID if you have it.