Annual Report 2017 - The Governance and Human Resources Committee
The Governance and Human Resources Committee assists the Board in oversight responsibilities relating to Technical Safety BC’s governance, compensation, and human resource policies and strategies. This committee also serves as the nominating committee.
Over the past year, the Governance and Human Resources Committee, in accordance with its mandate, accomplished the following:
- acted as the Nominating Committee: recommended to the Board the appointment of one (1) new Board member (term commenced in April 2017) as well as the appointment of one (1) new Ministerial candidate (term commenced in December 2017) to replace outgoing Board members;
- provided oversight to the Board orientation process;
- approved the audited corporate results for the 2016 variable incentive plan (for excluded employees);
- approved the 2018 variable incentive plan (for excluded employees) measures and targets;
- engaged with members of Technical Safety BC’s Advisory Panel of Stakeholders;
- reviewed the annual conflict of interest declarations of directors and officers;
- conducted the annual review of Technical Safety BC’s governance practices and made recommendations to the Board for enhancements to the committee mandates, governance structure and Board Chair skills matrix;
- reviewed and recommended performance plans for the President and Chief Executive Officer and the Corporate Secretary and evaluated the performance of the President and Chief Executive Officer and the Corporate Secretary;
- reviewed and provided oversight on director, executive, and excluded employee compensation trends;
- reviewed, approved and recommended to the Board the results of consultation workshops respecting Technical Safety BC’s new brand identity;
- provided oversight, approved and recommended to the Board the publication of enforcement actions and investigation findings and other regulatory actions including identification of involved parties; and
- offered insights on Whistleblower confidential reporting site changes.