Obtaining a Certificate of Qualification from Technical Safety BC provides assurance that you have the knowledge and ability to do regulated work in BC. The Safety Standards Act defines the scope of regulated work within the specific certificate. Select the type of work below to get information on obtaining or renewing your certification in BC.

Continuing Education Resources: Check out our Learning page for our TechTalks, webinars and videos to help you keep up to date on the latest safety hazards and changes in codes and regulations.

Exam Mark Appeal Process: Refer to the Safety Standards Appeal Board appeal process information page and process flowchart.

Certification Deadlines

Certification renewal must be completed by the following dates or certificates will expire. Save time and renew today!

  • Power Engineers and BPVR certificate holders - deadline December 3, 2019  » Learn more

Licences vs. Certificates

Contractors and contracting companies require licences to install, operate, and maintain regulated equipment.

A certificate of qualification is issued to an individual who has the knowledge to work on regulated equipment under the Safety Standards Act in BC.


New to BC?

Certification transfer from outside BC or Canada

If you are a skilled tradesperson moving from another province or another country to BC, you may be eligible for equivalent trades qualification in certain industries.

Learn More >