Power Engineers, Operators & Safety Awareness Certificate Holders
All certificates issued without an expiry date under the Power Engineers, Boiler, Pressure Vessel & Refrigeration Safety Regulation, including power engineer certificates, will need to be renewed on or before December 2, 2018 in order to remain valid.
- Login to your account. If you do not have an online account, please register for a new account.
- Click on 'Certifications' on the left navigation.
- Locate your most recent active certification and click 'Renew'.
- Fill out the requested information on the page. Please update your address and contact details as this is where your wallet card will be sent.
- Review your submission for accuracy, and submit if complete. Your renewal will not take place automatically. Every application will be reviewed and processed.
- On approval, you will get an email notification.
Obtaining your certificate and wallet card
- On approval, your wallet card will be mailed to the address provided.
- Your digital wall certificate will be available for printing through your online account.
- To print your wall certificate:
- Login to your account and click ‘Certifications’ on the left navigation.
- Click on the certification number associated with recent renewal.
- In 'Certification Details' section, scroll down to the section called ‘Attachments’.
- Open the attachment containing ‘Wall Certificate’ to view, save, or print, your renewed certificate of qualification.
- An official redesigned wall certificate will be mailed to you at a later date.
Recent changes to the Power Engineer, Boiler, Pressure Vessel and Refrigeration Safety Regulation state that certificates of qualification without an expiry date will expire on December 3, 2018.
Renewing your certificate of qualification will:
- include you in a current database of power engineers, operators, and safety awareness certificate holders in good standing;
- give you the benefit of receiving current safety information such as changes to relevant Acts and regulations, directives and safety orders;
- help industry reduce the likelihood of identity falsification and improve enforcement against non-compliance; and
- provide proof of qualification for current or prospective employers.
Power Engineer, Operator and Safety Awareness certificates of qualification that have not been renewed by December 2, 2018 will be considered invalid.
Invalid certificate holders will not be able to perform regulated work legally.
Renewals are free of charge until December 2, 2018.
|December 2, 2018||Deadline for certificate renewal. All certificates that have not been renewed by this date are considered expired. Holders of expired certificates must apply for reinstatement in order for their certificate to become valid.|
|December 2, 2019||
Deadline for certificate reinstatement. After this date, all certificates of qualification without an expiry date that have not been either renewed or reinstated are considered invalid.
- Visual guide providing detailed steps on completing the renewal process
- Contact our client services team to support you with online account registration and online certificate renewal.
- FAQ: Certification renewal
- Information Bulletin IB-A1-2017-01: Regulatory amendments to various safety regulations
- Consultation results: Power engineering consultation, August 2016
- Consultation on fees for 2018-2020, including certificate renewal