Power Engineers, Operators & Safety Awareness Certificate Holders
All certificates issued without an expiry date under the Power Engineers, Boiler, Pressure Vessel & Refrigeration Safety Regulation, including power engineer certificates, will need to be renewed on or before December 2, 2018 to remain valid.
- Login to your account. If you do not have an online account, please register for a new account.
- Click on 'Certifications' on the left navigation.
- Locate your most recent active certification and click 'Renew'.
- Fill out the requested information on the page. Please update your address and contact details as this is where your wallet card will be sent.
- Review your submission for accuracy, and submit if complete. Your renewal will not take place automatically. Every application will be reviewed and processed.
- On approval, you will receive an email notification and will issued a temporary certificate. This document will be your certificate until a wallet card is mailed to you.
Obtaining your certificate and wallet card
- On approval, your wallet card will be mailed to the address provided.
- Your digital wall certificate will be available for printing through your online account.
- To print your wall certificate:
- Login to your account and click ‘Certifications’ on the left navigation.
- Click on the certification number associated with recent renewal.
- In 'Certification Details' section, scroll down to the section called ‘Attachments’.
- Open the attachment containing ‘Wall Certificate’ to view, save, or print, your renewed certificate of qualification.
- An official redesigned wall certificate will be mailed to you at a later date.
The Power Engineer, Boiler, Pressure Vessel and Refrigeration Safety Regulation states that certificates without an expiry date need to be renewed in order to remain valid.
Having a current certificate of qualification will:
- include you in a current database of power engineers, operators, and safety awareness certificate holders in good standing;
- give you the benefit of receiving current safety information such as changes to relevant Acts and regulations, directives and safety orders;
- help industry reduce the likelihood of identity falsification and improve enforcement against non-compliance; and
- provide proof of qualification for current or prospective employers.
Power Engineer, Operator and Safety Awareness certificates of qualification without a valid expiry date will be considered invalid.
Invalid certificate holders will not be able to perform regulated work legally.
Renewals are free of charge until January 1, 2020.
|December 3, 2019||Deadline for certificate reinstatement. After this date, all certificates of qualification without an expiry date that have not been renewed will be closed and will be subject to a reinstatement fee.|
|January 1, 2020||
Certificate renewals received after January 1, 2020 will be subject to $100 fee.
- Visual guide providing detailed steps on completing the renewal process
- Contact our client services team to support you with online account registration and online certificate renewal.
- FAQ: Certification renewal
- Information Bulletin IB-A1-2017-01: Regulatory amendments to various safety regulations
- Consultation results: Power engineering consultation, August 2016
- Consultation on fees for 2018-2020, including certificate renewal