Power Engineers, Operators & Safety Awareness Certificate Holders
- Login to your account. If you do not have an online account, please register for a new account.
- Click on 'Certifications' on the left navigation.
- Locate your most recent active certification and click 'Renew'.
- Fill out the requested information on the page. Please update your address and contact details as this is where your wallet card will be sent.
- Review your submission for accuracy, and submit if complete. Your reinstatement will not take place automatically. Every application will be reviewed and processed.
- On approval, you will receive an email notification and will issued a temporary certificate. Please print and/or save this document in the event that you should need to show it to a safety officer - this document will be your certificate until a wallet card is mailed to you.
Obtaining your certificate and wallet card
- On approval, your wallet card will be mailed to the address provided.
- Your digital wall certificate will be available for printing through your online account.
- To print your wall certificate:
- Login to your account and click ‘Certifications’ on the left navigation.
- Click on the certification number associated with recent renewal.
- In 'Certification Details' section, scroll down to the section called ‘Attachments’.
- Open the attachment containing ‘Wall Certificate’ to view, save, or print, your reinstated certificate of qualification.
- An official redesigned wall certificate will be mailed to you at a later date.
Why reinstate your certification?
The Power Engineer, Boiler, Pressure Vessel and Refrigeration Safety Regulation states that certificates without an expiry date need to be renewed in order to remain valid. Power Engineer, Operator and Safety Awareness certificates of qualification without a valid expiry date is considered invalid. Invalid certificate holders cannot legally perform regulated work.
Having a current certificate of qualification will:
- include you in a current database of power engineers, operators, and safety awareness certificate holders in good standing;
- give you the benefit of receiving current safety information such as changes to relevant Acts and regulations, directives and safety orders;
- help industry reduce the likelihood of identity falsification and improve enforcement against non-compliance; and
- provide proof of qualification for current or prospective employers.
If you apply to reinstate your certification before December 3, 2019, you will not be required to pay a fee. After December 3, 2019, the reinstatement fee is $100.
- Visual guide providing detailed steps on completing the renewal process
- Contact our client services team to support you with online account registration and online certificate renewal.
- FAQ: Certification reinstatement
- Information Bulletin IB-A1-2017-01: Regulatory amendments to various safety regulations
- Consultation results: Power engineering consultation, August 2016
- Consultation on fees for 2018-2020, including certificate renewal