A Great Start - Orientation Course for Newly Certified & Licensed Individuals
Want to set yourself up for success in the gas & electrical industries?
Then take our new, free orientation course in our Online Learning Centre called “A Great Start”
This course provides a brief introduction to Technical Safety BC and an overview of the following three topics:
- Managing your permits
- Managing your relationship with Technical Safety BC and how to stay connected with industry updates
- Understanding compliance and enforcement
What you will learn
- Who we are and what we do.
- How to differentiate between the different types of permits offered by Technical Safety BC.
- When in the installation projcess you need to contact Technical Safety BC and what documents to use.
- The fastest ways to get your technical questions answered by Technical Safety BC safety officers
- When a safety officer should be contacted and what to do if you encounter unsafe work conditions or hazards.
- How to register for Technical Safety BC communication resources such as newsletters and web notifications.
- What non-compliance is and the progressive steps of the compliance and enforcement process
Take the Course
- Click the button below to go to our Online Learning Centre (or from the homepage of our website, click on Training).
- Log in or, if you are new to the site, register for an account.
- Find the course in the “course catalogue” and add it to your learning pathway