Certification Renewal Guide
For information on important dates, frequently asked questions, and more, please see:
STEP 1: LOGIN OR REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT
Go to www.technicalsafetybc.ca and click on Login in the top right corner of the home page to access your online services account as a certified trades person (e.g., FSR, power engineer) and not your licensed contractor account.
If you do not have an online services account as a certified trades person, click here to register.
If you have both an online account as a certified trades person and as a licensed contractor, you can simply login and switch between accounts by clicking on the drop down arrow in the top right of your account homepage:
STEP 2: RENEW YOUR CERTIFICATION
1. Once logged in to your online services account as a certified trades person, click on "Certifications" on the left navigation panel.
2. Locate your most recent active certification and click on "Renew".
3. Fill out the requested information on the page. Please update your address and contact details, if needed, as this is where you wallet card will be sent.
4. Review your submission for accuracy and submit the completed form. Your renewal will be processed after we have reviewed your application (approximately two weeks). Submit your renewal form early to avoid a lapse in your certification.
5. Upon approval, you will receive an email notification and will be issued a temporary certificate. This document will be your certificate until a wallet card is mailed to you.
STEP 3: OBTAIN YOUR CERTIFICATE AND WALLET CARD
Your digital wall certificate will be available for printing through your online services account as a certified trades person.
To print your wall certificate:
1. Login to your online services account.
2. Click on "Certifications" on the left navigation panel.
3. Click on the certification number associated with your recent renewal.
4. On the "Certification Details" page, scroll down to the section called "Attachments".
5. Click on the attachment containing "Wall Certificate" to view, save, or print, your renewed certificate of qualification.
(Note: Some power engineer classifications will also be mailed a certificate).